As an Asian and a Muslim, I always find it hard to understand why people from Muslim countries are never voted as the best looking in the world. And as a person who has traveled through many parts of the world and having lived and studied with Europeans for a considerable portion of my life; my observation is that the women in Turkey, Arab countries and Gilgit Hunza in Pakistan are probably the prettiest I have ever seen though some western observers might disagree!
Nevertheless, this is what most global rankers believe about the most attractive nations in the world.
- Sweden: One of the richest countries in the world, Sweden is also known for its libertarian attitudes, social freedoms, and wonderful natural scenery. The tall Nordic men and women have long been considered the most attractive in the world. Their piercing blue eyes, coupled with the white skin and blonde hair is something that appeals to everyone. The Nordic gods have sure struck gold when they created such beauties like Greta Garbo, Ingrid Bergman, but also True Blood star Alexander Skarsgard.
- Brazil: Brazil is the largest Portuguese speaking country in the world and the largest country in South America, having a population of 200 million residents. The diverse ethnic origin of Brazilians has resulted in some of the most attractive features, combining the dark, olive skin of Portugal with wonderful blue German eyes. Brazil has put out some of the most beautiful supermodels in the world, including Adriana Lima, Gisele Bundchen, and Alessandra Ambrosio.
- Spain: Spain, an important tourist destination for tens of millions of travelers, occupies the largest part of the Iberian peninsula and has a population of 50 million people. The Spanish are the best example of the famous Mediterranean beauty. Their dark, olive skin and deep dark eyes are breathtaking for many of us. Beauty and Spain have become almost synonymous across the entire world: Antonio Banderas, Paz Vega, Enrique Iglesias, and Penelope Cruz are just a few.
- United Kingdom: UK is one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world, mainly because it’s the main successor of the British Empire, which was dubbed “The Empire on Which the Sun Never Sets” and covered a total area of 13 million square miles in its heyday. The Kingdom has a lot of room for beauty in England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland. Centuries of cultural blending, as well as high immigration, has made the UK the birthplace of some of the most attractive people around: Jude Law, Gerard Butler, Robert Pattinson, Naomi Campbell, Kate Beckinsale and Keira Knightley.
- Australia: The “Land Down Under” is the largest island in the world, covering an area of 3 million square miles, and also one of the least densely populated places. The hot outback sun and high surf is sure doing something great for its residents. Australians are all around us and some examples include the heart throbbing Hugh Jackman and Heath Ledger, but also Russell Crowe, Kylie Minogue, Nicole Kidman, Cate Blanchett, and many, many more.
- Russia: Russia is a land of ethnic and geographic diversity, being the largest country in the world, with an estimated 7 million square miles of territory. The Russians are one of the most beautiful people in the world, with their amazing blonde hair and fantastic blue eyes. Also, being a crossroads of nationalities has given rise to some of the most attractive people, blending unique features in a delightful combination. Russia is the birthplace of ballet, and amazing palaces, but also particularly beautiful tennis stars like Maria Sharapova and Anna Kournikova, but also world-renowned model Irina Shayk and the dangerous, yet sexy spy Anna Chapman (Anna Vasil’yevna Kushchyenko).
- Germany: The largest of the European countries, Germany has a population of over 80 million residents, and is the leading economic power in Europe, but is also a world leader in the arts, cultural, and social scenes. When it comes to blond hair, smooth skin, and blue, mesmerizing eyes, the Germans are your crowd. The men are some of the tallest in Europe, and their dashing good looks are well known. Examples include actress Diane Kruger, model Heidi Klum and Claudia Schiffer, as well as actor Michael Fassbender(12 Years a Slave).
- France: France is the number one tourist destination in the world, attracting more than 83 million tourists every year to its magnificent cities, quaint countryside, and cultural treasures. The French have long been considered one of the most attractive peoples in the world, and they constantly pop up on every ranking. After all, the French brought us haute couture, prêt-à-porter, and the entire world of fashion, being themselves the global standard for “chicness”. Actresses like Marion Cotillard (The Dark Knight Rises), Eva Green (Casino Royale) or Isabelle Adjani, Brigitte Bardot and Catherine Deneuve stand out as true beauties.
- Japan: This isolated island nation in the Far East is home to more than 120 million people and has a unique cultural heritage, history, and amazing natural attractions. Asians, both male and female, are noted as attractive, but the Japanese take the top prize. Smooth white skin combined with dark hair is a fantastic combination and demonstrates beauty through contrast. The unique Japanese art scene, including the film industry, has put forth stunners such as Ken Watanabe (Inception), but also Tao Okamoto (The Wolverine) and Rinko Kikuchi.
- India: The second largest country in the world, with its almost 1.2 billion people and the thriving Bollywood industry, is bound to have its share of attractive people. Even though many Indian women tend to be modest and cover up their faces and bodies, their dark olive skin, and charcoal hair blend has a superbly exotic look. Maybe you’ve heard about of Priyanka Chopra, Miss World 2000 who used her title to springboard into movies. Since then, she’s been named “World’s Sexiest Asian” twice and “Hottest Girl of the Year” by Maxim magazine in 2011.